Translate

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Wharf - Pass-A-Grill Beach, Florida

Located just a mile or two from the famous Don Ce Sar Hotel on Beautiful St. Petersburg Beach sits what appears to be quaint and one of St. Pete Beach's best kept secrets. The only secret is how they managed to stay in business for as long as they have. Although the view is not bad of the intercoastal, the food and poor service really made up for it.
We were greeted, eventually, by some overdressed nazi with a bad haircut and attitude to match. Ok, fine, everyone can have a bad day and we were, as I said, eventually seated. After at least 10 minutes of sitting there only entertained by the noises our stomachs were making, I finally searched out a waitress.
Note that this is a WATER'S EDGE resteraunt so I didn't think it was out of line to order fresh seafood. Craving oysters, I ordered the Oysters Diane. Oysters Diane is supposed to be Rockefeller topped w/crab and a creamy sauce. Silly me, I should have asked if I had to specify if I wanted them fresh or spoiled and tasting like I sucked the iodine out of a rectal thermometer.  This made me immediately visit the oh so lavish "head" or bathroom and quickly heave up ol' Diane.

My spouse order the FRIED oysters, these too should have been ordered as FRESH.  On a positive note, the frozen deep fried french fries were the best part of the meal.  

The Nazi, "Helga" or whatever the F@#% her name was, seemed disenchanted by our complaint and even stated that her cooks probably should have checked the oysters. 
 
We soon ended up back at our hotel, feeling sick and sleeping it off instead of enjoying the sunshine and salt air.

We wish to warn ANYONE who visits St. Petersburg Beach if you want good food, good service, good value - DON'T VISIT THE WHARF at 2001 Pass-a-grille Way - St. Pete Beach, FL 33706!!

Instead, feel free to call them at 727-367-9469 and give them a hearty YOU SUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment